The Rhubarb season has just begun and we can’t get enough of this wonderful Crumble recipe. Serve with Challon’s Combe thick cream to make it extra special. You could also add apple or pear to rhubarb if your heart desires!
500g of Rhubarb
100g Soft brown sugar
175g Self-raising flour
100g Butter, chilled
75g Caster Sugar
1. Pre heat oven to 180C
2. Wash and slice the rhubarb into 1 inch pieces, add them to a saucepan with 2 table spoons of water and 100g of brown sugar.
3. Simmer the rhubarb for 15 minutes on a low heat.
4. In a bowl add the flour, caster sugar and butter and rub the butter into the flour with your fingers, the best crumbles have large chunks of butter so don't over work.
5. Please the rhubarb into a baking dish and add the crumble topping, for best results place straight into the over for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve hot with a big dollop of Challon's Combe Thick Cream, enjoy!